The Nautican Warhammer Fantasy Battle Army is completely unofficial and is not endorsed by Games Workshop.

army designed by Sigmar from the Battle Reporter Blog

Wednesday 20 May 2009

The Waves of Magic

As an alternative to the Winds of Magic, the Waves do not differ to a great extent (at the moment). However, I have introduced a 'magical' special character called Vortex (the embodiment of the savage seas) and a very powerful anti-magical banner in recognition that the Waves of Magic are in constant competiton with the Winds of Magic.

This is an idea I might develop further later on. For now, I wanted a working magic system that could slot easily into the Warhammer rules and I hope that is what we have got.

A better 'feel' for the Waves of Magic will evolve over time when more background material has been written and the Nauticans have their own magical 'history'

That should be a good time to revisit the Waves of Magic.

One idea I will share right now is that because the Waves and Winds of magic compete, I was thinking of making it more difficult for rival "wizards" to cast spells when they are close proximity to one another.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Sigmar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails