The Nautican Warhammer Fantasy Battle Army is completely unofficial and is not endorsed by Games Workshop.

army designed by Sigmar from the Battle Reporter Blog

Wednesday 10 June 2009

Contemplating a new Nautican unit - Weresharks

It's been a few days since my last design notes update, or actually any blog update. Apologies for the wait.

Anyway, after receiving my Reapermini "Nauticans" recently I have been toying with the idea of adding a new Nautican Army unit.

It's still early days and I haven't made up my mind yet but the Wereshark miniature I recently purchased is so good that I'm thinking about creating a rare unit of these creatures and possibly replacing Zharc with a completely new special character.

So far, I'm considering this profile

M 4, Ws 3, Bs 0, S 4,T 4,W 3, I 3, A 3, Ld 7

Thick Hide (scaly skin 5+),
Armour piercing teeth,
Wereshark Frenzy

40mm base, unit size 3-5

Points cost - to be decided.

The possible Wereshark Frenzy rule :-

The wereshark unit is frenzied (although not permanently, it loses this if beaten in combat like normal frenzy)

When frenzied, the wereshark unit becomes stronger and more aggressive the more they wound their opponents and the mists of blood pervade their senses.

For each unsaved wound inflicted by the Wereshark unit the unit (not individual weresharks) receives an additional attack at +1 strength more than the previous attack. This continues until there are no unsaved wounds inflicted on the enemy.

Obviously, I need to calculate the likely cumulative effect before implementing this because it has the potential to wreak havoc on weaker enemy troops.

However, I like the concept of a "Shark" unit entering into a frenzy where they become more and more ferocious until they realise they are beaten.

I will test the likely outcomes against a range of enemies on a spreadsheet and let you know the findings.

Thanks for keeping tabs on the design notes folks. As always, please feel free to leave your comments.

Sigmar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails