The Nautican Warhammer Fantasy Battle Army is completely unofficial and is not endorsed by Games Workshop.

army designed by Sigmar from the Battle Reporter Blog

Tuesday 18 May 2010

Ouch - What a Warhammer Massacre !

The Nauticans suffered severely at the verminous claws of the plague ridden hamster impersonators (can you tell it upset me ?). 

The purpose of this post is two-fold. Firstly, I thought I'd better let you know that I haven't forgotten or abandoned my Nautican project. I'm afraid that real-life took over for a while but my Warhammering ways are fighting back and I should now have more free time to get back to the real business of enjoying myself :)

Secondly, I had a 3,000pt battle about 3 weeks ago against my regular opponent who once again brought his horrible furry critters with him.

In a nutshell, he gave me a very good and thorough kicking ! I've tried to analyze what happened and if I did anything seriously wrong or he did anything seriously right.

I think my opponent summed it up nicely. I simply took the wrong army against his hordes of rats. His army totally overwhelmed the Nauticans who were few in number. I was fighting on all fronts and against multiple units. It was just too much for my fishy lads :(

I did make a couple of silly mistakes, I misjudged how far his Doomwheels were likely to move and he routed my Stingrays, which were about t take out some jezzails and he also managed to get a Doomwheel "charge" into another unit which wreaked havoc on my plans.

The Nauticans did bravely dispatch numerous Skaven units but they were mainly slaves and at the end only the King of the Seas, some Weresharks and a very depleted Trident Guard unit remained.

My opponent on the other hand chose his army very wisely and didn't make any mistakes, as far as I could tell. Boooo ! Every commander should be forced to make a mistake or forget something important during the course of a fantasy battle :D

Anyway, I'll be back with some Nautican updates soon. I'm ordering some more units and have quite a few tweaks to make to the army list. I still haven't got anywhere with the painting but at least I now have the time to try.

Joel, if you're reading this, I'm sure you must have cheated to beat my noble and proud Nauticans because that's simply the Skaven way. The only problem is, I haven't worked out how !  ;)
Thanks for continuing to follow the project guys,
Sigmar

1 comment:

  1. DAMN YOU HAMSTER PEOPLE!
    I do not like Skaven much, their kinda, creepy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails